77 In stock
How to sprout Organic Chickpeas
- Rinse and soak the chickpeas in clean water fo12 hours.
- Drain and rinse the seeds and put in your sprouting tray or jar.
- Rinse the seeds daily.
- The sprouts should be ready within 3/4 days
How to use Organic Chickpea sprouts in the kitchen
Chickpeas are also known as known as garbanzos, chana or ceci and will give you very hearty and satisfying sprouts . They will make a salad that little bit more filling and can aslo be used to make a delicious raw hummus. They can be eaten raw or cooked slightly to add to soups and stews. All in all, sprouted Chickpeas are a very good way of incorporating raw food into your diet,
Nutritional values and benefits of Chickpea Sprouts
- Chickpea sprouts contain vitamins A, B, C, and E
- They are rich in calcium, Iron, Magnesium and Potassium
- Chickpea sprouts also contain Folic acid
- Protein: 20%
- During sprouting, minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, bind to protein, making them more bioavailable. The content of vitamins and essential fatty acids also increase during the sprouting process.
- Soaking and sprouting beans helps neutralize phytic acid and lectins while enhancing the amino acid, vitamin and protein content