100 In stock
Organic, fast and easy growing variety favourite by many chefs for its superb, peppery flavour perfect in soups, salads and garnishes. Adds great touch to juices, smoothies, salad mixes etc. Loaded with a generous amount of health benefiting nutrients, it's a perfect variety to a microgreen collection.
How to grow Cress Sprouts or Microgreens?
Can be grown for sprouts (4-5 days) or microgreens (8-12 days). Can be grown year round. Easy for kids.
- Soak seeds overnight to speed up the germination process.
- Select appropriate container. A clean deli container with holes punched at the bottom is ideal for growing microgreens.
- Pour fine-textured potting mix into the container.
- Scatter seeds thickly over the moist soil.
- Cover the container with a dark lid that has plenty of small holes to allow good air circulation. Check on the germinating seeds daily, and moisten the soil when necessary.
- After 3-4 days, remove the dark lid and pick a bright location for the container. A south facing windosill where microgreens can get plenty of natural sunlight is ideal.
- Give an emerging microgreens enough-but not too much-water. The soil should always be moist, but never flooded with water.
- Once microgreens are a few inches tall and have developed small leaves, they are ready for harvest. To harvest the crop, use sharp kitchen scissors or a clean knife to cut microgreens close to the soil. Rinse and use seedling immediately, or store them in a resealable bag in the refrigerator.