96 In stock
What is Kelp Powder? Kelp is a brown seaweed belonging to the order Fucales. It grows on rocks at about the mid intertidal level in exposed areas, where it replaces Fucus that prefers calmer waters.Kelp is most famous for its use in foods. In the Orient, it is used to flavor soups and sushi. The medicinal virtues of kelp are primarily related to its content of viscous fiber called algin. Algin absorbs most nutrients as well as toxins from the digestive tract in much the same way that a water softener removes the "hardness" from tap water. This results in less toxins entering the circulatory system.
Kelp Powder contains mucilaginous compounds that enhance the detoxifying and eliminative functions of the digestive system. These compounds absorb toxins from the bowel and provide bulk to the stool. Kelp is an excellent herbal source of calcium, magnesium, sodium and iodine. Iodine is essential to normal thyroid function. It is used to increase the metabolic rate and strengthen connective tissues including the hair, skin and nails.
Add to soups, stews or smoothies
Why Natures Root?
- We source only the highest quality natural superfoods.
- Our Organic range are certified by the UK Soil Association or EU Certified.
- All operations are carried out in-house to ensure best care and attention.
- Commitment to provide high quality products at low prices
- Our passion is to help people live healthy & and enjoy life