95 In stock
Natures Root Organic Lucuma Powder
Lucuma is a sweet and edible fruit originated in Peru. It is commonly added to ice-cream vanilla or chocolate, especially in Chile and Peru, mainly because it tastes like a maple syrup ice cream. It is referred by Incas as “Inca’s Gold” as it’s their natural source of sugar. The fruit is naturally sweet but has a low glycemic index, making it a good fruit for those who are on a diet. Making it into powder makes it a good substitute for table sugar. It is also a suggested sweetener for diabetics.
The powder is produced from the fruit by drying it a t low temperatures and later milled into fine grains. It is a low glycemic sweetener that contains iron, beta carotene, fiber, carbohydrates and niacin. It is a source of antioxidants and key nutrients.
You can use lucuma powder as a sweetener for your smoothies, ice cream, desserts and pastries.
Why Natures Root?
- We source only the highest quality natural superfoods.
- Our Organic range are certified by the UK Soil Association or EU Certified.
- All operations are carried out in-house to ensure best care and attention.
- Commitment to provide high quality products at low prices
- Our passion is to help people live healthy & and enjoy life