Out of stock
Natures Root Bitter Organic Apricot Kernels
Asian Medicine has been using Bitter Apricot Kernels for centuries now. Apricot kernels is known to have amygdalin, a compound also known as vitamin B17 which has a strong and bitter taste and is believed to work with the immune system to fight malignant tumours.
Although the kernel is said to be a good source of iron, potassium, phosphorus and vitamin B17, it is strongly suggested to take of Apricot Kernels no more than 2 kernels per day only. Health experts warn that eating too many apricot kernels may cause acute cyanide poisoning.
Can be eaten raw or ground into a powder and sprinkled into soups, vegetables, fruit juice or cereal. The kernels can be chewed or ground and sprinkled on food or added to a juice or smoothie. Pregnant and nursing women should not consume apricot kernels.
Why Natures Root?
- We source only the highest quality natural superfoods.
- Products are certified organic by the UK Soil Association.
- All operations are carried out in-house to ensure best care and attention.
- Commitment to provide high quality products at low prices
- Our passion is to help people live healthy & and enjoy life