42 In stock
Natures Root Organic Psyllium Husks
What is Organic Psyllium Husk? Psyllium comes from a shrub-like herb called Plantago ovata, most commonly found in India though nowadays popping up all over the world. The plants themselves produce thousands of small, gel coated seeds, from which psyllium husk is extracted.
Organic Psyllium husk is a type of soluble, dietary fibre which cannot be absorbed by the small intestine. It’s often used by those with bowel or constipation issues. It’s been around for centuries as a traditional natural remedy, used often in combination with artichoke and yellow dock. Researchers are discovering new health benefits all the time of this important dietary supplement. Several studies suggest psyllium can help reduce cholesterol, relieve both constipation and diarrhea, and treat irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, and other intestinal problems. Psyllium has also been used to help regulate blood sugar levels in people with diabetes
As a dietary supplement, mix 1 level tablespoon into at least 12 oz of water or juice and consume immediately. Be sure to drink plenty of additional fluids throughout the day.
Why Natures Root?
- We source only the highest quality natural superfoods.
- Most of our Organic range are certified by the UK Soil Association or EU Certified.
- All operations are carried out in-house to ensure best care and attention.
- Commitment to provide high quality products at low prices
- Our passion is to help people live healthy & and enjoy life