95 In stock
Natures Root Organic Cacao Liquor
- Used by organic chocolate makers all over the UK & Europe
- Simply add sweetener to begin making high quality chocolate
- Criollo variety, a prestigious fine/ flavor cacao prized for its floral aroma and delicate flavors
- Raw, Vegan, Certifed Organic by Soil Association, Kosher, Gluten Free
- Comes in a re-sealable pouch to retain freshness
Natures Root Peruvian Cacao Liquor Peruvian cacao has a deep, robust flavor profile due to its unique growing environment. Cacao liquor, also known as cacao paste is made when cacao beans are pressed or ground to a liquid, and is then hardened in a mold. The raw cacao liquor is placed under pressure and liquified at just under 100 degrees (F). To begin making high quality chocolate, simply add sweetener. Natures Root Vanilla Bean Powder may be used to add another layer of flavor to your incredible chocolate creations.
Many people consider eating chocolate a “guilty pleasure.” But the reputation of chocolate as a junk food should more accurately be attributed to the harmful effects of commercial processing and refining techniques, and the other ingredients commonly added, most notably white sugar. All chocolate is made from the cacao (cocoa) bean, and cacao beans in their natural, unprocessed, unadulterated state are rich in nutrients and beneficial to health.
Why unprocessed chocolate is good for you?
Cacao has more antioxidant flavonoids than any food tested so far, including blueberries, red wine, and black and green teas. In fact, it has up to four times the quantity of antioxidants found in green tea.