20 In stock
Amla Powder, also known as Indian Goosebery powder, is the powder form of the Amla berry native to india. Amla Powder can be used as either a herbal supplement or a treatment for both hair and skin.
Amla powder is rich in mineral and vitamins, including vitamin C, and can be added to juices, smoothies and shakes, or ever added to cereals, porridge, yoghurts and muesli. Alternatively you can add 1-3 teaspoons of Amla powder to a cup of water to make a drink rich in antioxidants.
Alternatively Amla powder can be used as a skin and hair treatment, as is known to help with promoting hair growth, controlling hair loss and help remove pimples and grime from the skin.
To use in your hair:
- Mix with warm water until a paste forms.
- Apply it to your hair, starting at the roots and working down to the ends.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes before washing out with warm water.
To use for skin:
- Mix 1 tsp. raw honey, 1 1/2 tsp. amla powder and 1 1/2 – 2 tsp warm water to form a runny paste.
- Apply to your face, gently rubbing it in.
- Allow to set for 10-30 minutes, and remove with a warm, wet washcloth.